A dental crown is a tooth-shaped covering, also known as a dental cap, placed on the top of your teeth, covering the entire tooth for an improved appearance, shape and size.
Given below are some situations where a dental crown is needed:
- Protecting a weak tooth from breaking by holding together the cracked parts.
- Restoration of an already broken tooth or severely worn-out tooth.
- Holding a dental bridge in place.
- Covering a dental implant.
- To restore mis-sharpen or severely discolored teeth.