The importance of Pediatric dentistry is not just performing dental procedures on children. It’s more than offering them a small toy or sticker at the end of the dental visit. It’s actually a kid’s friendly approach that helps in making kids comfortable and heads them up for lifelong dental health. At Healthy Smiles of Georgia, we offer reliable kid’s dentistry services. When kids walk into our dental office and meet our pediatric dentist and the whole team members, they realise that they are in the right place, which is specifically designed for them.
Our team of kid’s dentists comprises board-certified doctors who have several years of experience in this field. We are committed to offering services starting from regular dental cleanings, fluoride treatment, dental fillings and many more that sets up kids for success.
When should be a child’s first dental visit?
As per the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry and many recommendations by experts, a child’s first dental visit should be before the child’s first birthday. Initial visits of the child to the dentist help in the early detection of any dental problems like tooth decay. It also helps in determining fluoride needs and monitoring proper oral and facial development. If your child is introduced to the dentist at an early stage, it becomes easy and comfortable for the child to face any future dental treatment. We aim to encourage parents that visiting a dentist is a positive experience for the child. We also pleasingly explain different dental procedures.
What do you mean by pediatric dentistry?
Pediatric dentistry is generally viewed as oral care for kids. At Healthy Smiles of Georgia, we determine it as a motivating experience that offers your kids everything in maintaining a healthy and beautiful smile for life. Our aim is not just to treat kids but to explain what we are performing and what they need to do to keep their teeth in a great condition and feel the best about their smile. We listen to the concerns of the kids and work according to their specific needs.
Who is a pediatric dentist?
A pediatric dentist is a doctor who finishes a four-year dental schooling and an additional two to three years of rigorous training to prevent, detect early and treatment of dental diseases. Our team of dentists for pediatric care work specifically with children, offering them the focus and experience required to relate to the kids and treat them as per their age and personality.
Any general dentist can opt for the pediatric field by getting additional years of training in dealing with children and offering the right level of care that a specialist must offer. One who is a specialist in this field has the exact knowledge of treating children and may be able to detect early any issues which a general dentist might miss.
Benefits of Pediatric Dentistry for children
Pediatric dental care offers your kid the best oral care and keeps their teeth clean and free of cavities. Given below are some of the benefits:
- Pediatric dental care will help in checking for cavities and any signs for tooth decay, gums issues and other dental issues. Some of the cavities in the mouth are hidden and difficult for the parent to find, but a dentist will easily locate and treat them.
- Kids will be given instructions on the proper way of brushing and flossing your teeth by the dentist. Also, if there are any dental health issues like misalignment or bite issues, the dentist will look after them.
- Your kid will get a thorough cleaning of their mouth which is impossible to achieve at home. With the help of specialised dentistry services, any plaque can be scraped away teeth can be kept brighter and whiter.
- Parents will also be given tips on getting their children to maintain proper oral hygiene. These tips will help improve the relationship around brushing at home and will be a less struggle for the parents.
Trusting Healthy Smiles of Getting for your kid’s smile
At our dental office, we offer specialised care for your child. The services provided by us are:
- Preventive oral care– Our preventive oral hygiene instructions include the proper way to brush, floss and eat, as well as checking for the ideal fluoride levels and offering sealants.
- Restorative dental care – Offering tooth filling for correction of tooth decay.
- Early growth and development options – Our dentist also makes a thorough evaluation to look after the growth and development of the child’s dentition, jaws, gums and facial structure.
Whatever be the issue developed by your child, our kids’ dental experts are here to help you anytime. Our staff are available anytime to answer your queries. They are friendly and fun-loving and also experienced in offering skilled services that keep children at ease in our dental offices.
If you are in search of comprehensive pediatric dental care, Healthy Smiles of Georgia will help you in keeping a shining smile at your child’s face from their infant stage to adolescence. Contact us today and book your appointment. It’s the best way to get your child started on the road to a healthy and happy smile.
Regular Fluoride Treatments
Another tool for prevention is our regular fluoride treatments. We recommend that all children have this throughout their teenage years. If you aren’t on public water, this is particularly important for preventing cavities. Statistically, if your child has a fluoride treatment in our dental office, their risk for getting cavities decreases by thirty percent. This is significant when you are considering the overall health and wellbeing of your child. With that in mind, we use whatever tools are at our disposal to ensure that your child is as healthy and as comfortable as possible both now and as they age. If you live in the Alpharetta area, we invite you to schedule a dental exam by calling (678) 784-0806.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Terms. 2015
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2015
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2015
About our business, license, and website security
- Healthy Smiles of Georgia was established in 2009
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Fulton County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Alpharetta
- Georgia Board of Dentistry (License #DN013405). View License Information and Specifics
- National ProviderIdentifier Database (1295812857). View NPI Registry Information
- Healthgrades. View Background Information and Reviews
- Website Safety Ratings and Reputation – AVG Threat Labs. View Details
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
Back to top of Kid Friendly Dentist