How does Invisalign® work?As an Invisalign® Dentist Dr. Jai straightens teeth using a series of aligners. First, an impression of your teeth is taken so that a series of aligners can be created in a dental lab. The aligners themselves are made out of a thermoplastic material that is strong and at the same time flexible in order to be comfortable when worn for long periods of time. The material is virtually invisible.The aligners should be worn for 22 hours a day and every two weeks; they need to be switched out with the next one in the series. Over a period of months, the aligners will slowly move teeth into place, making one minor adjustment at a time that is targeted to specific teeth. This helps your teeth to be comfortable as they are moved into position at a manageable pace. Once you are done wearing your aligners, your teeth should be perfectly straight.Benefits of Invisalign®
- Patients throughout Georgia prefer wearing Invisalign® because of how convenient it is as compared with wearing traditional braces.
- The aligners are clear so no one can tell you are straightening your teeth.
- They are only worn for 22 hours a day so you can take them out to eat dinner, go on a date, or make an important presentation at work.
- You can brush and floss your teeth like normal, and no additional tools are required.
- There is less of a risk that your teeth will become stained as compared with wearing metal braces that can be difficult to clean.
- The procedure is more comfortable than metal braces since the aligners move teeth into place slowly and only focus on a few teeth at a time.
- Aligners are easy to take care of, and you only use the same aligner for a couple of weeks.
Check out what others are saying about our Invisalign® services on Yelp: Invisalign® Alpharetta.
Alpharetta, Georgia Invisalign DentistCheckupsPatients of Healthy Smiles of Georgia will need to see Dr. Jai for checkups to ensure that teeth are moving like they are supposed to. Fortunately, since the aligners are made at the beginning of the procedure, these appointments are less frequent than if you were wearing metal braces. With traditional braces, a metal bracket is placed on each tooth, and a wire is threaded between them then held in place using rubber bands. The wires need to be adjusted on a regular basis in order to keep teeth moving in the right direction. This requires frequent office visits. For people with busy schedules and a hectic life – this is inconvenient, and any delay in appointment scheduling can prolong the timeframe that braces need to be worn for. As an Invisalign® Dentist Dr. Jai sees patients less frequently because the checkups are not to adjust anything, just to make sure that the procedure is working. This is far more convenient for patients throughout the 30004 area.Treatment TimeFor most patients living in the Alpharetta GA area, the procedure takes around twelve months. The exact timeframe will depend on your situation, and only Dr. Jai can tell you how long they will need to be worn. Overall, the treatment time can be less than with metal braces. This is in part because you don’t have to schedule appointments to keep your teeth moving. Simply pull out a new aligner.
Finding an Invisalign® DentistNot all dentists offer Invisalign®. You have to receive special training in order to provide it to patients, and Dr. Jai is one of the best Invisalign® Dentists in Georgia. To learn if the procedure is right for you, schedule an appointment with our Healthy Smiles of Georgia office by calling 678-762-0690.
How will Invisalign® impact my life?Unlike wearing traditional braces, Invisalign® won’t make a major impact on your quality of life. Since the aligners are clear, it won’t impact your appearance. Additionally, since they only need to be worn for 22 hours a day, they will not interfere with eating. This is a huge advantage because you can eat your favorite plate of ribs, go out for a romantic date, or eat a caramel apple without worrying about something becoming stuck in your teeth or a wire being pulled out of place. This time also allows you to take the aligner out when having an important conversation or making a presentation at work. Overall, this is a convenient way to straighten your teeth and provides the maximum level of flexibility.Some people are concerned about whether or not wearing an aligner will impact their speech. Most of our Alpharetta patients tell us that they have to get used to wearing aligners after the first couple of days. Sometimes, patients have a slight lisp which goes away once they become used to speaking while wearing them. This is standard with any orthodontic procedure but fortunately; most people can speak normally within a couple of days.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Terms. 2015
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2015
- Invisalign®. How Invisalign Works. 2016
- Invisalign®. Take the Smile Assessment. 2016
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2015
About our business, license, and website security
- Healthy Smiles of Georgia was established in 2009
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Fulton County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Alpharetta
- Georgia Board of Dentistry (License #DN013405). View License Information and Specifics
- National ProviderIdentifier Database (1295812857). View NPI Registry Information
- Healthgrades. View Background Information and Reviews
- Website Safety Ratings and Reputation – AVG Threat Labs. View Details
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details