What is a dental bridge?A bridge is a fixed prosthetic that can be used in the case of partial tooth loss. It is exactly as the name suggests – a bridge that replaces lost teeth in between your remaining strong ones. This is an important point to make, because in order to qualify for a dental bridge, you must have remaining teeth that are strong enough to support it. If you do, these teeth will have crowns placed on them so they can serve as anchors to hold up a gum-colored base that your new tooth or teeth will be secured to. Essentially, your remaining teeth provide the support necessary for ensuring your new tooth or teeth stay in place.
Why should I get a dental bridge?There are several reasons to get a dental bridge, including restoring the appearance of your smile, giving you the ability to eat and speak normally, preserving the shape and structure of your face, and preventing pressure and wear on your remaining teeth.
How does a dental bridge compare to standard dentures? When you visit our 30004 dental office, we can discuss what the differences will be like from the perspective of the treatment and process. Generally speaking, the most significant difference between a dental bridge and dentures is that dentures are removable. Since they need to come out nightly, you will not have a full set of teeth 24/7. Simultaneously, anything removable runs the risk of becoming loose or even falling out when you do not want it to. For this reason, many of our Alpharetta, GA patients are uncomfortable wearing dentures and prefer a more secure solution. If you are wearing dentures currently and have found that you have difficulty eating your favorite foods, laughing loudly, or playing sports when wearing them, you should consider this alternative.
Check out what others are saying about our dental bridge services on Yelp: Dental Bridges Alpharetta.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Terms. 2015
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2015
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2015
About our business, license, and website security
- Healthy Smiles of Georgia was established in 2009
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Fulton County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Alpharetta
- Georgia Board of Dentistry (License #DN013405). View License Information and Specifics
- National ProviderIdentifier Database (1295812857). View NPI Registry Information
- Healthgrades. View Background Information and Reviews
- Website Safety Ratings and Reputation – AVG Threat Labs. View Details
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details