Dental Implant Near Me in Georgia, 30004
Losing teeth can be an unfavorable experience for anyone. It makes chewing, speaking and smiling difficult. We even feel embarrassed and lose our self-confidence. Thanks to different restorative dentistry options that will help you replace missing teeth. At Healthy Smiles of Georgia, our topmost option for tooth replacement is dental implants. Dental implants in Alpharetta will help you in restoring your beautiful smile and giving you back the lost self-confidence that comes with the natural teeth. Find out whether dental implants are an ideal choice for you or not.
What do you mean by Dental Implants?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots and among the famous treatments of our dental clinic. These artificial tooth roots are made up of titanium posts that are placed into your jaw through surgery. Once your jaw is healed, your dental implant dentist will attach a crown, bridge or dentures to support your implant. After the process, you are tension free about your missing tooth. Dental implants are more like your natural teeth so you don’t have to be worried while chewing that your artificial tooth will fall out. Implants are an everlasting solution for missing teeth and can last for a lifetime if proper care is taken off.
Who is a candidate for dental implants?
Prior to getting implants, your evaluation will be done by our cosmetic dentistry whether you are fit to undergo the procedure or not. During the consultation, your evaluation will be held. You will be looked for the following:
- Proper oral health
- Disease-free gums
- Jaws with adequate bone density
- Your commitment to good oral health
- No current pregnancy
- Non-heavy smoker
- Does not make use of the drugs that affect your immune system
- Haven’t received any kind of high radiation in the neck or head
Above are the given requirements to be an ideal candidate for dental implants. You can still get the dental implants if any of the above is applicable to you that is the reason why a consultation is required. Suppose you don’t have adequate bone mass in your jaw, we can do the bone grafting.
Types of Dental Implants
Whether you are having a single missing tooth, multiple or the entire jaw, we provide you varieties of dental implant restorative options. In the case of a single tooth replacement, we make use of dental crowns. In the case of multiple teeth, we use dental bridges. Finally, for the entire jaw, we have all-on-four implants. Above given solutions are very effective for missing teeth and will help you gain a beautiful smile.
Dental Implant procedure
The procedure starts with taking the x-ray of your mouth. This will help in determining whether enough bone mass is present or not and where should the implant be exactly placed. You will be given local anaesthesia so that your mouth is numbed and you don’t feel anything. After numbing your mouth the implants will be placed into your jaw surgically. Finally, your mouth will be left for the healing process. In the meantime, implants will grow and secure their place. Heaping takes about six to twelve weeks. Once healing is done an abutment is attached to your titanium post.
Finally, the impression of your gums is taken and sent to the lab where restorations are made. Your restorations when returns from the lab are attached to the abutment on your implant. Finally, you get your beautiful smile which you can show to the world.
Advantages of dental implants
Dental implants are a bit expensive but it has a lot of benefits attached to it. At first, dental implants help you in maintaining bone mass in your jaw. Your existing teeth are kept secured in their place and keeps your face young. Additionally, dental implants will make you more confident while smiling, talking and eating. You don’t have to worry about your missing teeth with implants. With implants, you get self-esteem, enjoy eating and be comfortable.
Dental implants aftercare
If you want to maintain your implants for a lifetime you need to take aftercare. You must brush and floss your teeth twice daily. Try to protect your restorations from any physical harm. Make regular visits with the dentist to ensure a healthy mouth.
Helpful Related Links
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID). What Are Dental Prosthetic Implants. 2013
- American Academy of Periodontology (AAP). Implants Defined. 2015
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Terms. 2015
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2015
About our business, license, and website security
- Healthy Smiles of Georgia was established in 2009
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Fulton County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Alpharetta
- Georgia Board of Dentistry (License #DN013405). View License Information and Specifics
- National ProviderIdentifier Database (1295812857). View NPI Registry Information
- Healthgrades. View Background Information and Reviews
- Website Safety Ratings and Reputation – AVG Threat Labs. View Details
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
Back to top of Dental Prosthetics